Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

cultural/ethnic books

Hi, we have some books by Rebecca Rissman (I think it is) one is festivals around the world and one is money around the world and I can’t remember the others but will have a look Monday.

edit - this is another one 

76664C5D-57C0-49EC-9AD4-BD432AF7031E.png

Edited by Mouseketeer

Thanks Mousketeer i'll go and have a look at those....i would really like to just find some books which have 'ordinary children in them who belong to different cultures. It's really tricky to find books which discuss different languages, beliefs and cultures without them showing a stereotyped world.  few of my children actually 'come' from a different country but they are immersed in that culture in England . I want them to be able to see 'themselves' in a positive light in a story. Beginning to think i might have to develop some myself! I went to some global world training many years ago and it struck me that often we present a very weird view of the world to our little ones.....Africa is not covered in wild animals and people in Iceland don't live in igloos.

Humm reading this through perhaps i don't know what i want !!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)