Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Changing age range

You would need to ask Ofsted for a change to your registration.

I would definitely think about a separate area if you are taking children as young as 18 months.

Don't forget they will be in a 1 to 3 ratio until they are two.

What age do most of your chidren leave you?

Will you have all your children in 1 room?

As 'Stargrower' says ratios are greater, would it be cost effective?

My pre-school took 2-4yrs (Reception aged) my own children remained at pre-school for their nursery year (aged 3/4), not sure how I'd feel if there was 3/4yr old children in the same room as 18mth children - I did have one committee group suggest this to us as a way of attracting more children, we did a quick survey of parents to realise that it would've put most of them off choosing us.

Is so hard for packaway settings now, I wish you the best of luck.

I'm not sure that you do have to re-register. If you are registered on the EYR this covers the age group for 0-5 years. If you are already on the EYR you must meet the requirements of the Statutory Framework with particular regard to children under 2 (different ratios / places to sleep / special knowledge of working with babies etc). I would say you should notify Ofsted of your intention to change the age range of children, but you don't need a new registration. I would phone them and ask - can you post back here when you find out as we clearly have some confusion!

• Like 3