Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

reports

ok so for the first time we have produced our reports on the system. I have tried to go paperless but am still having a few people insisting on printing!! (will have to charge them next time!)

Anyway what i wanted to know is ...do i get a notification if parents add a cooment on the bottom of the report. Im assuming that i then lock them? I also assume that they can't get access to anyone elses...the event log seems to be showing up other peoples names on some parents access info

Hello Finleysmaid!

At the moment staff/managers are not notified when a relative adds a comment to an report, however this is something that we are working on including as part of our future developments on Tapestry.

Once you have locked the report, the relative will no longer be able to edit the report and add any further comments/amend the comments already made.

Regarding the event log, only the relatives who have their child attached to their profile should be able to view/comment on the report. No other relatives should be able to view/edit the report as there is no possibility of creating a 'group report' where more than one child can be attached.

If you feel this is still happening then please send a support request to customer.support@eyfs.info so we can investigate further.

Thanks Sneha....good to know about the reports ill keep an eye out for comments!

The other issue ...when i look at the event log i have several entries where parents have looked at a report

so for instance one parent has looked at a report which her name is highlighted in green BUT there are two other parents showing up on the event in blue on the same event...yet there shouldn't be any connection. Just wondering why????

Hi Finleysmaid,

You're right, those names don't have any connection to the actual event. Unfortunately you have stumbled across a bug! Those blue tags shouldn't be seemingly random users, but rather a link to to report.

One of our developers is taking a look at that now so it should be fixed within the next week. I'll reply here again though when it is!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In the last couple of days we've made a change so that the relative comments box does not appear when viewing a report if the box is empty. You and the relatives should still be able to see the box when you edit the report, and after you have added some text it will show up when viewing it. Can you not see the box when editing?

• Like 1