Jump to content
Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all. Nothing exciting here either this week. Although blessed with some lovely weather. Just off to take the car in for an MOT and that’s about as exciting as it gets!  Am going out for roast on Sunday though. 
Have a lovely weekend all. 

  • Like 1
Posted

Phew - I am back - highly 'cream crackered'! 🤣

Haven't got a total yet but everything crossed that we have done well again...

Shed (bloody) shed is half built and apparently our sons will be here again on Sunday.

Young froglet I used to love 'doing' autumn with my pre-schoolers - lots of conker and leaf collecting amongst other things - happy days

I am baby-sitting tomorrow evening, but nothing else planned for the weekend

Zigzag - I am loving this weather too - aren't we lucky.

Have a great weekend all x

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Posted

I am back again!

Our final total ... drumroll ... £1752.70 can you believe that - I have to note that we already had £600 in hand, this had been raised by one of my dear friends who has been selling her diamond art cards throughout the year...

To say that I am thrilled would be an understatement - honestly people are so very generous 🧡

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Posted

Good morning - 'tis Friday!

Busy week here - poor Mr S has had a few medical appointments - including a visit to an optician yesterday afternoon...he has had a sore eye for several weeks and has tried all sorts of drops etc...I finally convinced him that he needed to see someone about it (other than the two pharmacists that he had already tried) - anyway long story short - it was eyelashes on his lower eyelid that were growing 'the wrong way' and scratching his eye - the optician plucked them all out - ouch! Apparently they will just regrow and he has/will be referred to an eye hospital for some sort of procedure - ouch again!

We both have flu jabs tomorrow - not sure if he will also get a Covid one - oh the joys of getting old!

Shedgate saga continues - much more building still to be done - youngest son is coming tomorrow morning (eldest son is going axe-throwing as you do🤣)

Someone has donated another £10.00 to the Macmillan fund and we still have the payments made through the QR code to be added to our final total - we are all feeling very pleased with ourselves!

Hope everyone is okay - how is your lovely mum this week zigzag?

Happy weekend all x

 

Posted

Quietish week here. My dad has asked me to shorten some trousers for him, I’m finally feeling like I’m seeing progress on the cross stitch I’m doing by. I tried out some Bakewell cookies which were good - I may eat far too many!

Just about to do a little school work and other jobs. I have a bit of a sore throat today so am ‘nursing’ that in the hopes it doesn’t get worse before I’m back in school.

 

Have a good weekend all.

  • Like 1
Posted

The usual week here. Monday had my grandson for the day (best day of the week) then picked him up from nursery at lunchtime on Wednesday and had him for a couple of hours. Work is the usual but slowing up a bit now on the changeovers which is a welcome relief!  Mum is doing ok, mood has been good this week! Back to all her clubs and groups which has helped enormously. No change in the face of the eye but is now drinking without having to use a straw which is great progress. 
Have done some lovely dog walks in this gorgeous weather this week, long may it continue. 
Poor mr S! Tell him to sort himself out and get normal growing eye lashes! Hope his eye recovers quickly!  My husbands refusing ti have his flu jab as is convinced he will be poorly for two weeks afterwards. Trying to persuade him that they offer it to his age group for a reason and he’s damn lucky to be offered it! Watch this space…

Have a great weekend all. Xx

  • Like 1
Posted

Oh Mr zigzag - please get your flu jab (you complete numpty🤣)

Our local hospital declared a 'Critical Incident' this week as there were absolutely no empty beds, one of the biggest issues was flu, apparently flu season has come early.

Posted
On 02/10/2026 at 18:01, sunnyday said:

Oh Mr zigzag - please get your flu jab (you complete numpty🤣)

Our local hospital declared a 'Critical Incident' this week as there were absolutely no empty beds, one of the biggest issues was flu, apparently flu season has come early.

Couldn’t agree with you more! I will tell him.

  • Like 1
Posted

Hi All,

Sunnyday - my daughter's friend had the eye-lash issue, she had the eye procedure and all good now.

Froglet - you've achieved well this week!

I seem to have been busy all week, but I can't remember what with- other than that I made tomato soup!

Flu jab tomorrow, that's about how exciting my weekend plans are 😂

xx

  • Like 1
Posted
On 02/10/2026 at 19:01, louby loo said:

Hi All,

Sunnyday - my daughter's friend had the eye-lash issue, she had the eye procedure and all good now.

Froglet - you've achieved well this week!

I seem to have been busy all week, but I can't remember what with- other than that I made tomato soup!

Flu jab tomorrow, that's about how exciting my weekend plans are 😂

xx

Took me about 6 hours to actually post my weekly update, and I missed Zigzags!!

So good to hear that your mum's health is now going in the right direction. xxx

  • Like 1
Posted
On 02/10/2026 at 18:54, zigzag said:

Couldn’t agree with you more! I will tell him.

Don't tell him I called him a complete numpty 🤣

Posted
On 02/10/2026 at 19:01, louby loo said:

Hi All,

Sunnyday - my daughter's friend had the eye-lash issue, she had the eye procedure and all good now.

Froglet - you've achieved well this week!

I seem to have been busy all week, but I can't remember what with- other than that I made tomato soup!

Flu jab tomorrow, that's about how exciting my weekend plans are 😂

xx

Oh thanks louby that's good to hear - poor Mr S he really has enough going on without this.

Oooh we are going to be flu jab twins! 🤣

Posted

Good morning - 'tis Friday

Can't believe that I am saying this - but it would seem that Covid is rife here again - lots of people in our little village have been/are very poorly with it - best I try to source out a private jab, as I did last year...Mr S was given his along with our flu jabs last week.

I am wondering now if that was why our local hospital declared a 'Critical Incident' I thought it was flu...

I really need to work out how to share a photo on here - I want to show you the Nativity set that I made for my friends son SEN reception class...I have 'orders' for three more, I have said no, never again, took me hours and hours to make! 🤣 but nice that people liked it!

Next knitting job is to make poppies for our post-box topper - one of my knitting group has made the most lovely army helmet - we are (hopefully) going with just that and a host of poppies - should look lovely, quite poignant I think.

Shed (bloody) shed think our sons will be here this weekend.

Such disappointing news for the house sale - we had the exciting news a few weeks back that we would complete 8th October - nope, haven't even exchanged contracts yet...I honestly can't wait for the time that I am not dealing with Estate Agents and Solicitors 🤦‍♀️

Hope everyone is okay and has had a good week

Happy weekend all x

  • Like 1
Posted

Sunnyday, glad you got the covid jab booked and sorry to hear about the house sale - hope things speed up soon. Your post box topper sounds lovely - there are some really amazing ones aren't there?

This week has been a bit 'nothingy' I'm feeling under the weather - a cold which won't come to anything so bunged up, headachey and tired. I should be doing some school work and loads of house things but have just curled up with cosy TV and cross stitch.

I have been asked to make a pumpkin shaped cake for a 'guess the weight of the cake' activity at fundraiser. No idea where to start really but need to get thinking - it's due next Thursday!

Posted

Oh no young Froglet, I'm so sorry to read that you are feeling poorly - sending masses of get well vibes x

Pumpkin shaped cake - hmmm - pass, no idea, but sure you will come up trumps!

  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)