Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

FREE CAKES FOR KIDS

blondie

I was watching a programme on my local news (south today) last night and they were asking for volunteers to bake cakes for children.

They went on to describe how people make cakes - birthdays etc -for children whose parents are unable to provide these through hardship etc.,

I thought "What a fantastic idea."

I went on the site "FREE CAKES FOR KIDS" but there are no local groups to me - the nearest being Salisbury which is a great distance away - which is a shame.

The site does say how to set up a group but I just can't commit to what that entails.

I wondered if anyone belongs to this group / cooks cakes for this group?

Also maybe it might be something that someone on the site might want to join, it seems such a worthwhile cause?

If you are interested look on the "Free cakes for kids" site.

• Like 1

I saw this to, and wish I'd known about it sooner asmy mum made cakes for celebrations etc and she would have loved to make occasional extras. Sadly she has dementia now and can't make cakes any more.

But it's a fab idea. I don't really bake much myself, but it would be a good use of the talent on GBBO which I just don't 'get'