Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Roles on committee

Other than the three you need to have:- Chair, Treasurer, Secretary what other roles do you have?

We used to have a Health and Safety Officer who used to do a termly check on the whole setting but this seems to have gone by the by and I am wondering if we still need one. At the moment I am trying to do it but along with everything else this has been pushed to the back on my need to do list.

I know committee members are hard to get and keep so wondered if you were lucky enough to have a full compliment or just muddled along with the main three and a couple more?

We have only ever had the 3 plus whatever others were available at the time! Our staff do the risk assessment for the kitchen each morning and check windows, emergency exits ect plus equip as its used. We're in shared premises so need to do the checks daily.

We have a 'vice chair' but really it is a name only role to 'encourage' someone to take on the role of chair. They feel that the job is shared. We have named health and safety who carries out our annual risk assessments and audit of accident forms with the manager and we have a named safeguarding person. Our LA puts on training courses for committee at reasonable cost.

Edited by lsp

I complete a daily risk assessment on arrival as we are in multi-used premises. Another staff member is our Health and Safety Officer and is responsible for audit checks on a regular basis.

No committee members currently do this role.

I really wish my committee would become active in fundraising. It is one of the things that drag staff down. I don't know if it is because we do have some money in the bank, at the moment, that it is not seen as very important. i have explained and encouraged but still nothing. Only fundraising are small regular things that I organise. I think it needs to be a priority and high up on the role of a committee.

• Like 1

Roles ? Do they have roles ? Lol

Like you isp I've found this year not the easiest especially having had a fab committee for the last couple of years, any fundraising they planned (that wasn't year on year things that staff do and they just have to serve some refreshments) they cancelled due to nothing being organised or advertised in time :-(

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)