Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Advice needing- being closed down!

Oh klc106, I'm so sorry to hear that you are going to close. I would certainly challenge the decision of the Ofsted inspector that you will be unable to ever run a setting again. Read the report carefully and respond within the timeframe allocated.

Enjoy your last day, give yourself some time, and wishing you well for the future.fx

• Like 1

Goodness, have only just read this. So sorry to hear your news. What a shock for you. Is it really all over? Isn't there anything you could do appeal wise between now and September as others have suggested? I can't believe things have come to this point. You must be devastated. I'm inclined to say don't give up yet, but then that's easy for me to say. Whatever your final decision is please know that my thoughts are with you and I wish you all the strength you need to get through the coming months.

• Like 3

Just seen your post. So sorry to hear about your situation. It's a hard position to have faced.

I believe things happen for a reason.

Running a nursery, especially a small one can be extremely hard as you end up doing so much.

Hope you find the perfect post for yourself. X

Edited by debs1
  • Like 2

Just a quick update...

I resigned and we closed the setting on 23rd June as I didn't want the threat of being disqualified. I then had to fight for a copy of the report from the monitoring visit so that I had proof that ofsted had said they were going to cancel our registration and disqualify me. We collected a huge folder of evidence (including letters from very angry and upset parents) and a scrapbook of photos and we have passed them onto our MP who has sent them to the department for education to be reviewed so fingers crossed!

We do not think the outcome will be to re-open the pre-school. This would be brilliant but then in some ways this is not what I want as I know that the local authority and ofsted do not like the room we used and the location and so I can see it all just happening again if I was to re-open. Also, many of the children have their names down at other settings now for September. We just want to know that this won't happen to others and my name to be cleared.

I am now looking into the possibility of childminding!!!

• Like 2