Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Forum Issues - New Server

Steve

The lo-fi is also working Mundia. And hopefully all indexes (members, NVQs, product reviews) as well as their associated articles should be fine!

The problems some people were experiencing with their logins should also have gone (he said confidently!) - the only thing I'm struggling with is the calendar!

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone is still having problems with site downtime. Hopefully the server move will have cured that problem - and also page loading time. I've found a few occasions where the page seems to hang around for a while before loading - anyone else noticed that?

With a bit of luck we're nearly there and I can get on with reading the posts and finding new articles.... :o

It's pretty slow this evening Steve. I have found the same as you-some of the page appears and then there is a wait for the rest of it.

But at least all the articles are back!

Linda

Sometimes when I click on view new posts it brings me the error page saying there are no new posts, when I know that there are because I can see them in the forum list as being ones I've not looked at.

Sometimes when I click on view new posts it brings me the error page saying there are no new posts, when I know that there are because I can see them in the forum list as being ones I've not looked at.

47943[/snapback]

Yeah, its a recent thing, though couldn't say how recent.

Ok steve, new problem......

I cannot download any attachments, they all come through as gobledegook masses of unrelated signs, symbols and no format... a few i have been able to read but they are completely unformatted and the top of the page is always messed up. xD

from other peoples posts on here it is not just me, moose has had a problem too.

perhaps I ought to try and learn gobledegook for use on the site in future..... :o

Inge

Hmm. Not so sure how fast after the last day. If you want to delve inside the nightmare that web design can be, upgrade your version of two pieces of software, then work out which is so much more incompatible with the other that a perfectly simple task for both in previous versions, becomes impossible when combined in the next.

And if that sounds peculiar, you've just caught an echo of the bewilderment I feel after trying to sort out the attachments issue.

This is by way of an apology for not having made the attachments accessible today. I am definitely working on it...

:o

To follow up last night's post, I think the attachments should all be working as normal again now. I have noticed that there seem to be a couple which have gone missing (ie when you click on them you get a page saying 'some required files are missing'), so if anyone notices any of these perhaps they can send me a link? :)

Hi Steve,

Don't know if you are aware of this one or if it is just me. When I try to download a document a grey box appears left top corner of screen and I am asked for an authentication code. I leave the space for name & password blank and select ok, this I repeat twice more then the document opens and is called index, I then name it and ask to save to my computor, then the grey box appears again and I select ok 3 times, it then saves to my computor.

Not a major problem for me as I can still download, just a nuisance.

Peggy

Life would be boring if these things were not sent to try us :o

How's the puppy?

Whoa! :o

I haven't got the faintest idea what you're going through there Peggy! Never set anything up that should ask for something like that.

Have you tried downloading any documents from other sites recently? Ever had the same thing?

Um. The puppy's fine. I'm going through the same sort of sleep deprivation I did with my children when they were babies though... xD

Steve, cant get into chat! there was a message at some pomit about a magic number (At bottom of page) which was replaced with downloading java applet but it just sat there and nothing happened.

Does that make sense????

PS nor could Mundia so dont think its this end?

Hmm. I'm in there at the moment, so I don't think there's anything fundamentally wrong. If you were downloading the java applet then it could be that your pc needed a new version of it, but it should just have gone ahead and downloaded it...

I'll have a play on a couple of different machines. Might be a day or so though. The chat room is a bit dusty at the moment. Doesn't look like anyone's been in for a while? :o