Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outdoor Storage Shed

Was wondering if anyone had any advice as to a good quality outdoor storage?

We currently have a tiny wooden shed but it has loads of spiders, holes in the roof etc

I want an organised 'shed' or storage of some sort that has shelving on either side with labelled crates by topic etc so that its all easily accessible.

Has anyone got any experience.... need an option that will keep resources in good condition...

Metal? Plastic? Wooden.

TIA

DON'T buy metal.........................they 'sweat' in the summer and then drip.....and that all freezes in the winter, so unless your resources are all in plasic crates, stuff will go mouldy. wood is the way to go

• Like 2

Like Narnia - wood is the way - I have wasted £s on the plastic storage bins only for them to go brittle - I now have a wooden toolstore for some stuff, a 6x4 shed for the big stuff and then an adult sized "Wendy House" again wooden which is the Wendy House once everything has been emptied out of there!

Just check your insurance! We are on a school site and LA new insurance does not allow wooden structures near the building. We are having to replace two great sheds with something nonflammable. We are going for sectional concrete sheds instead. Previusly had one metal and never again! Whole process is a nightmare as we need planning permission (school site).

korkycat

• Like 2

Korkycat - we had exactly the same situation - couldn't have wooden structures within a certain distance of the school building unless they were treated with some kind of non-flammable paint. The cost of doing that for two small and pretty rubbish sheds (spiders, rats and damp!) was more than replacing them. I left before the replacement arrived though so can't tell you what we ended up with!