Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

23rd March update! Book reviews: five books for you to think about

I've started the book reviews up again! (Hoorah!)

The first one links nicely into any theme around animals or transport. More excitingly for me it gives you the opportunity to get children thinking philosophically about how and why we have rules. This would lead brilliantly into any discussion about rules to protect you and rules in consideration of others - this would be a lovely PSED discussion in any pre-school group and would address some of the questions posed by the British Values requirement.

The Amazon link on the review gives you a couple of sample pages to see

To read the review click here!

• Like 1

i am giggling to myself as I now cant get the oh you canna tak yur granny on the bus song out of my head!

Have you also seen that the chap who wrote Oi Frog has also written how many legs....great for addition and talking about bigger numbers......I have also bought when I went to the supermarket ...based on the old game but with a surprising ending!

More book reviews have gone up today, click on the titles for the full review:

'Introducing Teddy' - a story raising the issue of 'gender identity' for pre-school children - useful for raising a tricky issue

'Stanley the Amazing Knitting Cat' - Does exactly what it says on the tin - we loved it

'Are you sitting comfortably?' - a beautiful book that would encourage discussions about choices, favourites and reading habits - a winner

Happy reading!

Today's book will provide ideas, suggestions and background theories to help you support children's early mark making skills. We thought it was very helpful and would be a valuable asset to your professional practice bookshelf.

Click the title below to access the review:

On Your Marks! A practical guide to mark making, early writing and language.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)