Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Compiling an folder ready for ofsted any ideas?

Rosebud123

I wanted to compile a folder with some of the documentation ready for ofsted. I was thinking of having it in sections maybe under management and leadership etc showing staff qualifications and training, staff rota and deployment etc but I'm a bit lost as what else to put in and how to keep in sections. Has anyone else done this or have any ideas???

• Like 1

1. SEF + OFSTED INSPECTION REPORT + ACTION PLANS/STAFF DATES/ACTIONS – examples of

2. SIP + DEVELOPMENT OFFICER – NOTES OF VISITS

3. PARENTS AS PARTNERS – collated comments, parent surveys

4. NEWSLETTERS – examples of

5. STAFF DETAILS

6. FORMS USED REGULARLY – examples of

7. PLANNING AND EVALUATION – examples of

8. KEY PERSON INDIVIDUAL PLANNING – examples of

9. ACTION PLANS – examples of

10. STAFF MEETING RECORDS

11. RISK ASSESSMENTS

12. EXTERNAL AGENCIES

That's the index for my SEF folder - but that said - this is due for a complete overhaul :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Hmmm -- there is a section for Staff Supervision records too.......

One of the tasks that I want to undertake is to remove all staff 'bumph' from this folder and put into separate staff files......

Anyway - hope it might give you a 'starting point' :1b

Brilliant thankyou!!! That definitely is a starting point.

Cool :1b

Have been searching my 'download folder' - as I should have an index for just such a folder provided my my LA - but I can't find it :blink: hopefully a fellow 'Kenter' will be able to come up with the goods - Panders where are you? ::1a

We had our Ofsted a few weeks ago.

After the phone call I printed of all the stuff mentioned on page 9/10 [i think!] of the inspection hand book. That way I knew all the info was the very latest versions. DOB lists, latest staff development sheets etc.

On the day I got in nice and early and laid a table up with EVERTHING I though she might like to see. All our working documents- tracking, A4 supervision sheets with the years pre-planned dates on [signed off when done], policy folders, qualification folders. We have no SEF but have one A4 folder with various audit's, action plans, advisor visit notes etc.

Under the old system I used to have four A4 sheets just saying where everything where everything could be found, but never got round to updating it [just one of the those things on the never ending 'to do' lists.

Each inspector is different - but ours was really happy with what I'd supplied. To be honest I found it a lot easier this time, and glad I hadn't bothered spending time making a folder with copies of all our paperwork etc.

• Like 2

Our manager is off sick at the minute and I've stood in as deputy ( really not enjoying it but no one else wanted to do it) so I'm still finding my way around paper work and where everything is kept!!! My manager is a bit of a hoarder lol. I've got an example of the email of what ofsted send but I'm not really sure about what some of that paperwork is so god help me!!! I'm literally in a steep learning curve right now.

Our manager is off sick at the minute and I've stood in as deputy ( really not enjoying it but no one else wanted to do it) so I'm still finding my way around paper work and where everything is kept!!! My manager is a bit of a hoarder lol. I've got an example of the email of what ofsted send but I'm not really sure about what some of that paperwork is so god help me!!! I'm literally in a steep learning curve right now.

You need to download the Inspection guidebook ( I would if I could :wacko: ) It tells you everything to expect on the day. It also give the list I mentioned of 'documents that need to be available'.

Updated to say - I would upload it here if I could :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by louby loo

1. SEF + OFSTED INSPECTION REPORT + ACTION PLANS/STAFF DATES/ACTIONS – examples of

2. SIP + DEVELOPMENT OFFICER – NOTES OF VISITS

3. PARENTS AS PARTNERS – collated comments, parent surveys

4. NEWSLETTERS – examples of

5. STAFF DETAILS

6. FORMS USED REGULARLY – examples of

7. PLANNING AND EVALUATION – examples of

8. KEY PERSON INDIVIDUAL PLANNING – examples of

9. ACTION PLANS – examples of

10. STAFF MEETING RECORDS

11. RISK ASSESSMENTS

12. EXTERNAL AGENCIES

That's the index for my SEF folder - but that said - this is due for a complete overhaul :rolleyes:

Going to get right on to it Sunnyday!! : )