Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Success Criteria and Plenary in Nursery

Hi everyone,

I've been told that i need to add Success Criteria and a Plenary to my teacher led activities in my Nursery Planning each day, the same as the rest of the school do.

It goes against what I was taught when I trained in Early Years, but I have to do as told to do. Does anyone else do this and if so how please?

:huh:

To be honest, I would want to see clarity around the learning you want to develop through your activity - after all, you have a reason for doing that activity that is presumably a result of your review of needs etc. Focusing on the learning rather than the doing is important.

Plenaries: - if you have to do this then I would just recap with the children simply about what they have done and what they have been getting better at doing. Metacognition of learning is an important part of sustained shared thinking but it is how you do it appropriately for very young children that matters.

Cx

• Like 4

I think they just recycle ideas to keep themselves in a job! Sounds negative i am sorry but seriously.. why can't we be happy with how we do things and keep them consistent. We can then self improve and perfect one way of teaching. These changes just make us have to change our approach and confuse people!

it is nothing new and here are resources from 2010 and this was no doubt recycled! https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/learning-objectives-success-criteria-and-plenary-6060594

Again i am sorry for the negative attitude but it drives me mad.

Edited by BroadOaks
  • Like 1

If there was time at the end of the session we always had a group chat about what we had been doing that morning/afternoon. It helped us to decide any focus for the next day as well. The main benefit was that when a parent said 'what have you done this morning?' the children had a ready and accurate answer! It was lovely to hear first hand from the children what they had really enjoyed, and to trigger a memory of what they had been doing so that we could garner a little more information about it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)