Jump to content
About Us

safeguarding concern


Recommended Posts

Please could someone clarify for me how you have included the new Starting Point advice and referral system in their procedures and practice.

I have been told conflicting advice.

Is starting point for us to phone if we have a minor safeguarding query or SEN query over a child? From my understanding we are to 'go through" starting point for a referral?

County told me that we now phone Starting point instead of CALL Derbyshire but Starting point said we are still to phone Call Derbyshire if it's high risk.

I'm so confused!!! The more I look into it the worse it gets! Where on earth does Local Authority Designated Officer come in?!

Please help, I am nearly bald!!!

Thank you in advance xx

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think you should raise this with your local safeguarding children board. It is really important that everyone in your county has very clear and easy to follow guidelines on how they should raise a about a child's welfare. The fact that you are confused probably means that other people are too and that puts children at risk.

The LSCB needs to issue some clear guidance ASAP.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)