Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Quick I need help!

I suppose it's more about the committee members being part of the registered body and being responsible IF something happens. Ofsted need to check that 'they' as in 'it' are suitable.

Did I just stick up for Ofsted - well we getting closer to the new inspection cycle!

Ha ha Isp sounds like you crossed to the dark side then!!! But I do take your point, but shh don't tell my committee just what they are responsible for!!

• Like 3

Agreed Wildflowers. Unfortunately the powers that be are not knowledgeable in our unique setting scenarios, and we are left to take on these many challenges.

Sorry we seem to have hijacked your thread with other issues. Hope you get it sorted Zig zag.:):)

Edited by Fredbear
  • Like 2

I'm sure we are not the only setting but there are only 2 of us! Finances are tight so we will go upto the max of 16. We do have only 3 yr olds though and do offer free flow for part of the morning (about 1 hr) with one of us inside and one of us outside. Our outside area is small and a courtyard so no child can hide and it is secure. We easily talk to each other. We had to risk assess and to be honest it has been fine.

I do think that following the consultation by the government this is now what they are expecting settings to do to be sustainable. I fought this with my committee (school) but they are insistent on following the ratios to the letter and to be honest they cant afford for the pre-school to keep losing money. Do sometimes get frustrated as feel that we cant fully support those with SEN or have proper group times with older ones as there are only 2 of us and there is toileting, snack time, tidying up to do etc. It seems just as you are getting involved with the childrens play you are calle off somewhere else. Its the limitations of the setting as well as number of staff. When we go over 16 we get another member of staff and thats when it feels like it really works well and we can start to do more (normally the last term in the year!)