Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

DBS advice

Can anyone clarify if a DBS is transferable ? We have a parent who wants to volunteer (qualified teacher) and she brought me her DBS which I happily accepted but I am now doubting my failing memory and would hate to fail an inspection because I got it wrong.

If she has signed up to the up date service you can check on it and use it, but if she is not on the update service then no you would have to get a new one. This is how I understand it but I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

• Like 2

Please note: If you already have a DBS check through another organisation, this must be ‘Child Workforce’, Enhanced and you must be signed up to the DBS Update Service

This was on a reply from Ofsted this week - it was reference committee members; has anyone had a DBS check who is staff who can check to see if their's says 'Child Workforce'?