Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Wet pour play area ?/

we have rubberized wet pour play surface, I love it . The only drawback is in the summer it gets quite hot to the touch ( ours is the black finish) the children get absolutely covered in black dirt. The surface appears to create black that sticks to suncream like no tomorrow! lol we have it in combination with fake grass.

• Like 1

We have recently had the rubberized wet pour surface laid, along with a section of articial grass; our base coulour is blue ~ everyone loves it. we've not had enough sun to know if it will get hot to touch yet though.

Think you can get mottled effect. We are looking into this at the moment too. How is it in cold and ice? Does it get very slippery and what can you put on it?

Yes ours gets very slippery when its wet, frosty or icy!! However, never had any accidents as its a soft landing!!

• Like 1

Hi.

We have black wet pour along with artificial grass. Sometimes the children do get black knees but not sure what the reason is for this. When it's frosty the surface is slippery. Been told not to use sand on it as it clogs the ground and water doesn't soak away. Never used sand on it so don't know if that's the case.

I used Sovereign play equipment. Bit pricey but I was very pleased with the work and finish.

V

• Like 1

I opted for tiles rather than wetpour as i thought it would be better for maintenance.

I regret spending the money to have ours and wish I didn't have it!

It is too hot in the summer and creates black marks on everything and is very slimey and slippy in the winter, staying wet and messy for long periods of time.

I naiveley thought it would be more 'all weather' than the grass and concrete I replaced.

I am not sure what the answer is or perhaps I've just been unlucky.

I opted for tiles rather than wetpour as i thought it would be better for maintenance.

I regret spending the money to have ours and wish I didn't have it!

It is too hot in the summer and creates black marks on everything and is very slimey and slippy in the winter, staying wet and messy for long periods of time.

I naiveley thought it would be more 'all weather' than the grass and concrete I replaced.

I am not sure what the answer is or perhaps I've just been unlucky.

ours is very slippery in the frost and ice too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)