Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Greenery/foliage - where can I get some?

Froglet

This is a bit random but where better to ask random questions than FSF?! ;)

I have been thinking of making some decorations for my house/door - mainly for autumn but also thinking ahead slightly to the season which can't be named yet (Ssssh don't tell Sunnyday! :ph34r: ). I have spent a happy half-hour avoiding doing my planning by looking on pinterest for ideas! However, most of them (the ones I really like) have bits of foliage or greenery in them. I live in the middle of a town with a tiny garden and while I might be able to pull a smidgin of ivy off the fence with next door. I'm wondering where else I might get bits and pieces. There are a couple of parks nearby where I might get some bits off the ground but I'm also thinking of holly and other evergreen things.

Any ideas? I can't think of anyone I know who has those bits in their garden otherwise I'd raid them! Even my mum and dad who have a huge garden have lost their holly tree (we had our tree house in it as children - it was very safe!)

If you were anywhere near me you could come and raid my garden! The ivy is seriously taking over the whole fence and the holly isn't doing too badly either.

I made a wreath last year from the bits of (sssshhhhh. Xmas ) tree that I cut off where it went against the wall. Just used wire to hold it all together. You could just look out for any kind of evergreen, like leylandii, once you get ribbon and bits of other stuff on you can hardly see what the base greenery is..

And all my smilies have still not appeared!

Edited by Conker

Oi I am here you know!

Oh if only you were closer young froglets I have all that you need in my garden..

I know! That's why I was whispering! Maybe I should organise a tour of the country incorporating friendly FSF members with useful gardens for the rest of half-term. I would of course bring cake in exchange (I made a ginger and pecan one the other day with a kind of meringue icing and caramelised pecan nuts on top)!

• Like 3