Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

30 Hours Free Entitlement

LKeyteach

If your charges per hour less than your funding rate per hour is there not a danger that your funded children could be seen as subsidising your non-funded children? I mention this because I'm sure (but don't ask me to find it) that there is a funding condition that says your funded children can't "subsidise" your non- funded. I remember this "condition" from years ago when once upon a time funding rates were a few pence more than our non funded rates and we had to increase our rates to at least match the funding amount per hour.

No, not at all, our income from our standard charges is sufficient to meet running costs regardless of whether we have funded children,and even though funded children pay more, we prioritise working parents as we are part of a community regeneration organisation so we don't choose funded only children over those that are paying the lower rate - if parents aren't working and we don't have any space, we refer them to one of the pre-schools in the area.

Edited by GFCCCC

SueJ you are correct. Years ago statutory guidance said the funded child must not subsidize the 'unfunded child (or words to that effect).

However that was when the funding was around £2 per hour more than our fees, when it first started) but nobody has ever said the fee paying child must not subsidize the funded child though. Funny that.

For those of you that can keep your fees below the funded rate, how do you do it? Or are your funded hours so much higher than ours? We get approx £3.93 ( approx because of the supplements added to the base rate) but our fees are £4.50 (but will rise to £5 in Sept)

• Like 5

We charge £3.30 per hour and funding with supplements is £3.73, I think. How do we do lynedd55? It's because the people who vote on or against any fee increases are the people who pay them!!!!!

We charge £3.30 per hour and funding with supplements is £3.73, I think. How do we do lynedd55? It's because the people who vote on or against any fee increases are the people who pay them!!!!!

I take it you are committee run? So are we but at the end of the day and regardless of who is paying they have to be realistic. If we were still charging lower than our funded rate we would go out of business very quickly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)