Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Involving parents in progress checks

Hi all

How does everyone get input from their parents with regard to their child's progress checks

We were thinking of some sort of pre progress check form or meeting but struggle to get parents to spare 5 minutes

Any suggestions gratefully received

Thanks in advance

Well what happens for us is - initially when we invite the new children in to reacquaint themselves with the setting just before they start and parents have to stay, I take the opportunity to grill the parents and get some idea of children's starting points. Then before the 2 year check goes out we have a sheet we send out to parents which literally asks things like, Is there anything about your child you want to tell us, Is there anything your child dislikes doing at home, things your child likes doing at home, and we tell parents what we have found out they like doing with us and don't particularly like. When the parents return the form we answer any of their questions (written) and complete the 2 year check information. This whole document then goes home together with Learning Journey and is returned, hopefully signed off after a few days. Parents are free to discuss with Key Person any area of the report they wish at any time.

• Like 1

When parents visit for induction I gather as much information as possible After the child has been attending for a few weeks I put the information into PRAMS and create a 2 year check. I send the report to the parent then it all done .In our area children have their 2 year check when they are 2 years and 3 months so its useful for everyone if the 2 year check. Most children start when they are just 2 and have lots of induction visits so are usually very settled when mum leaves them with us.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)