Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cohort Under 2's

We are currently incorporating the Cohort system in to the rest of the nursery setting (we have already began using this system is pre-school) Does anyone know whether the cohort system needs all of the seven areas of the EYFS or just the prime areas when working with under 2's?

Hello nattysnack, welcome to the forum, make yourself right at home. Im sure between us all we can help you here.

Im not familiar with any particular Cohort system but I do know a few local authorities have some sort of progress cohort or cohort tracker or overview. Is it possible that what you are referring to is created by your local authority, in which case does it come with some guidance that will help to answer your question.

In my experience tracking systems tend to focus on the prime areas for under twos but it does depend on the system being used.

• Like 2

Hi

The cohort system is the name i am using for our data analysis system where you have cohort groups e.g. boys, girls, summer born etc.

I realised i posted this in the wrong forum but would appreciate any help on this matter.

We track the seven areas but feel it may be unnecessary extra paperwork to use all of these areas for data analysis in Under 2's.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)