Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tapestry and parents

Hello, I've just re-registered as a Childminder and after talking to my Early Years Support worker and having a little thinking time, have decided to give Tapestry a go.

One question though: Those of you that are using it, have any of you come across parents that don't have access to a computer and therefore not able to use Tapestry?

Also there may be some parents that would prefer the Scrapbook style learning journey?

I'd be grateful for any feedback,

Thanks,

Anna

Welcome afmoon03

Tapestry is the best and once you decide it's right for you, I am confident you won't go back to laborious paper journals.

I run a Pre-school and all of my parents can access their child's journal even if they don't have a PC as everyone has a phone and is constantly on them. Whether they 'choose' to look at their child's journal or not is another matter, but it is there, accessible 24/7 and it is up to them whether they look at it. The majority of my parents do, but you will always have the odd one or two that don't, but these didn't look at paper journals either. With Tapestry there is far more parental involvement.

I don't offer Tapestry as a choice over paper journals. When we decided Tapestry was for us, I gave parents a letter explaining that we now use an online journal (Tapestry) for their child and an explanation how it was used etc. They were given a choice whether their child's photographs could be added of course but I explained that even if they didnt want their child's photo in their journal, we would still be using Tapestry as their Learning Journal.

It's what we use now and not optional.

Edited by MegaMum
  • Like 1

In preschool we had some parents who didn't have computer access or smartphones, and we offered them the option of looking at their child's tapestry in the setting on a PC. We gave really good instructions on how to access their journals so they could go to the library or friend etc, but some chose to look in the setting, where we could assist if need be.

For these parents, I did print-outs of the Tapestry too, so they would be able to look at them whenever they liked, they also got a CD, the same as the other parents, for the future possibility that they may own a computer.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)