Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Free hours.........on us?

narnia

Ok, so, September is going to be horribly quiet for us..and for other groups, it seems. One setting a couple of villages away from us has hit on an idea that I am considering implementing, but I'd appreciate your thoughts :)

They are offering up to 7 hours totally free of charge, so long as the family matches it with paid for hours. It's for the first term only, so 6 weeks. Obviously, the hope is that the family will keep the paid for hours going once the offer is finished. I am up for trying this, but I'd appreciate your thoughts............

Hmm. Not sure how it would work in practice. Sound good at first, but what happens if a child is off sick for the duration of the 'paid for' hours? How can it be worked? How is the 7 to be divided over the sessions? Do parents have to pre-pay for the term in order to get the free sessions?

Buy one, then get one free might be better, if parents pay sessionally. Good luck with it.

That sounds good Mouseketeer. If you offer 3 hour sessions for eg. £9.00 you could offer it for £6.00 as introductory offer for first half term or for Sept 2015. I would think it needs to be very carefully worded? It sounds really interesting. Will be watching with interest ready for Sept 16!

• Like 1

If the idea is to increase occupancy in the hope they will keep the hours once the offer is over, it would be better to have a substantial minimum number of hours to be eligible for the offer.

Buy one get one free or similar may not work as parents could just end up with the same number of hours but cheaper..

it could be worth a try with a good , clear policy..with a set number of hours to qualify for the offer , and a clear time limit..

• Like 3

We've done 'special offers' before in the September - I always make sure that the fees for the 1/2 term have been paid: once they are all in we give a extra session at £1 off a 2nd extra session at £3 off - the parents that took the offer up all ended up 'upping' their sessions for the following 1/2 term - result!

• Like 1