Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Delayed school start

yes we do this quite often. Funding stays the same as you have at the moment (in other words they only get 15 hours) I'm assuming they are starting at the beginning of the easter term at school? in which case I am unsure as to what is going to happen with baselining ....I am assuming that the school will do this in April (would like to know the answer to that myself!) .

...not sure this is a very helpful answer!!

Baseline is this year if a school has opted to do it. EYFSP ceases in Sept 2016.

Cx

Catma....when the FSP goes, do you think it will be the end of Learning Journeys as most of us currently know them? There won't be any moderation, I presume, as there currently is, so there won't be the requirement to provide evidence for moderation will there. Will Learning Journeys becoming a voluntary thing?

No, I don't - because the statutory framework (as it exists) would still have the educational programmes and the requirememt to get children to the ELGs.

"Practitioners must consider the individual needs, interests, and stage of development of each child in their care, and must use this information to plan a challenging and enjoyable experience for each child in all of the areas of learning and development."
"Ongoing assessment (also known as formative assessment) is an integral part of the learning and development process. It involves practitioners observing children to understand their level of achievement, interests and learning styles, and to then shape learning experiences for each child reflecting those observations."

The assessment part will still be there, just not the stipulation to submit data to the DfE/LA. The rest remains as part of the EYFS. Unless of course they rewrite the statutory framework, but given this is a Govt who like tests and standards I doubt the ELGs will go. Schools would still track towards the ELGs and would be daft not to, in my opinion. It'll be tough enough for them assessing without levels in KS1+2, without reinventing a new system for EYFS at the same time.

Irrespective of the baseline, any practitioner has to deliever on all of the curriculum. The BL does not provide essential assessment information across the curriculum and it's purposes are different. We musn't think of this in terms of assessment for learning but an acountabilty measure of the school.

The observational learning journey has proved to be the most useful way of capturing learning for young children.

Cx

• Like 2