Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

book corner

Hi all

We have had a visit from some one employed by LEA to 're-vamp' the book corner etc... one of the things that she suggested was a new display trolley. What she would like is a front facing bookcase that folds up to a thin oblong and therefore is portable. She recommends one that has three 'shelves' and has the elastic strip on it (like you hang your net curtains from) to keep the books in .

I have looked everywhere on line and can't find anything like it. I have found some wire wrack like ones but that's it.

Any idea where we can get them??

thanks Panders. My concern with what she suggested (other than I can find it) was durability! We have a 'bus' at the moment but I think this issue is she feels it is dated and you have to stand books like you do on a book shelf and it takes a while to 'set up' in the morning. We are pack-away too!

We have one with the same front as you describe and it drives us all mad!! The cord to hold them in goes across the middle of most paperback books so they 'topple' over. As soon as we move it (Mon & Fri) half of them fall out. Apart from that its great, moves easily and is very sturdy.

I did see one on Community Playthings that instead of a cord had a wooden bar across the three shelves to hold the books. If I had the money I would go for this one instead as I think it would hold the books in place more securely.

• Like 1

thanks Panders. My concern with what she suggested (other than I can find it) was durability! We have a 'bus' at the moment but I think this issue is she feels it is dated and you have to stand books like you do on a book shelf and it takes a while to 'set up' in the morning. We are pack-away too!

Well we don't set it up each time, the books remain on the shelves held in by the wooden "bar" the whole unit is wheeled to the book corner from its storage area. All the games and jigsaws remain on the shelves too.

The one we have is on the top row, in the middle.

Edited by Panders

We have one with a 'cord' to hold the books in as well. Other than the cord bit, it's fine. Very sturdy and lots of storage at the back. But the cord is useless and books are always falling out or toppling forward. The children find 'pinging' the cord irresistible too! :D

• Like 1

I agree Narnia. We have this item. Worth the extra money. We had a similar thing from another well known educational supplier and it started to peel and split. We were lucky enough to get some funding which paid for the bookcase.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)