Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Extending hours

To tie in with the moving premises thread - we might be able to stay where we are and we are thinking business development opportunities and offering more hours to effectively become full day care but also offer a short 'traditonal' playgroup day.

Do we HAVE to offer hot meals at lunchtime? Currently children bring packed lunches. Out of practice with regulations at the moment, so just getting up to speed and thought I'd ask in here too.

Hot meals would be the preferred option, but just wondering....

Thanks!

RB x

No need to offer hot meals.. a packed lunch provided by parent would be fine.. that's what our local one does..

remembering to have a note for parents to include ice pack in the box etc

We ask parents to provide a packed lunch and have a shady corner to keep it. Making sure the children don't tuck in too early.

I haven't seen any requirement to provide a hot meal. Went to Nursery World show recently (think it might have been Feb but my, where does time go?) there are a few companies that will provide hot meals for you. I threw away flyers i got but maybe someone else uses one such service?

• 1 month later...

We do full days 3 days a week and we just request that parents bring in a packed lunch with an ice block in the bag as we don't have room in the fridge for them all.

We do full days 3 days a week and we just request that parents bring in a packed lunch with an ice block in the bag as we don't have room in the fridge for them all.

we do the same as kiddywink - we do five full days per week -any children staying for lunch bring in a packed lunch - we ask for ice packs too as no room in the fridge (but then schools dont put stuff in fridge either) -works well for us and children seem to enjoy it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)