Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

level 3 qualified in health & social care

Hi

We have been interviewing and our director told someone at an interview that she would get paid the same as an unqualified member of staff as she only has Level 2 & 3 in Health & Social Care.

Im sure they can be counted as a level 3 and be paid the same as other level 3s in our setting?

I would be very grateful if anyone knows or could link me to somewhere so i can show my director.

My niece has been told by her school teacher and the training company to do health and social care level 2 as she wants to work with young children in like a nursery type setting!!! I've screamed NO it's not relevant qualification and told her to get her teacher to ring me I'm furious a training company is still aelling this as a relevant qualification. Then candidates are shocked when I say they are qualified.

Rant over lol x

• Like 1

My niece has been told by her school teacher and the training company to do health and social care level 2 as she wants to work with young children in like a nursery type setting!!! I've screamed NO it's not relevant qualification and told her to get her teacher to ring me I'm furious a training company is still aelling this as a relevant qualification. Then candidates are shocked when I say they are qualified.

Rant over lol x

Don't even mention training companies!!!!!!!

When I last used the Job Centre to advertise a role (big mistake, never to be repeated!) they kept sending me people with Health & Social care qualification and no Childcare qualifications - I must have rang them at least 3/4 times and they kept ignoring me!

Yes!!!!! We only ever did that once...never again!

All we got were people that obviously didn't want the job- but I'm guessing had to fill the criteria of 'activity seeking employment'

(although I did feel like offering the job to one in particular- just to call his bluff xD - the job was advertised as 8.15 - 3.45 and included a lot of physical work- setting up/down. He told me he could only work 10-2.. and couldn't do any lifting)

• Like 3

When I last used the Job Centre to advertise a role (big mistake, never to be repeated!) they kept sending me people with Health & Social care qualification and no Childcare qualifications - I must have rang them at least 3/4 times and they kept ignoring me!

The job centre sent us several people without childcare OR H & S care - but several who listed 'being a parent' or 'babysitting' as their childcare experience - despite the advert clearly stating that a level 3 or equivalent in childcare was an essential requirement of the post. No more job centre for us!

• Like 2