Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Healthy Me!

Hi we made healthy sandwiches, did a physical PE type session with a circuit of physical activities. We had a visit from the dental practice manager. We also discussed sleep, food, drink and being physical during our snacktime.:)

We are a pack away pre- school so this Is at large group time

Ask the children. What does being healthy mean?

Make sure healthy food , drinking water, exercise, washing hands etc and sleeping.( I normally give them clues to the ones they don't say)

What did you have for lunch box that was good for you?

I write them down and draw pictures under headings good for you and a treat. Explaining that good for you foods we can every day.

Sometimes we sing the Chocolate cake song which is on boogie mites cd for some of the foods. It goes like this.

Cucumber cucumber

Hands up who likes Cucumber

Yummy yummy yummy

Put in my tummy

I like, you like, cucumber

Then we stand up and do some exercises. We get the children to come up with the exercises, usually running on the spot, press ups, star jumps and a few others they have seen their parents do!

At the end of the exercise We run on the spot again.

Stop put your hands on your heart and close your eyes. Can you feel your hear beating faster?

All have a drink of water.

We now need to rest and sleep.

As an aside to this.. I personally am not happy with calling it good and bad foods, it seems to be a bit black and white... when we all know that moderation is the key, so we used to have foods we can eat a lot of, and those we have sometimes or in small amounts..

We used to do a daily exercise routine, simple 5 mins or so but to highlight the need for it to be regular and not a one off or occasional..

contents of lunch boxes were pictured or we used the wrappers to show those we had a lot of and those we should have as a treat etc..

• Like 3

We are a pack away pre- school so this Is at large group time

Ask the children. What does being healthy mean?

Make sure healthy food , drinking water, exercise, washing hands etc and sleeping.( I normally give them clues to the ones they don't say)

What did you have for lunch box that was good for you?

I write them down and draw pictures under headings good for you and a treat. Explaining that good for you foods we can every day.

Sometimes we sing the Chocolate cake song which is on boogie mites cd for some of the foods. It goes like this.

Cucumber cucumber

Hands up who likes Cucumber

Yummy yummy yummy

Put in my tummy

I like, you like, cucumber

Then we stand up and do some exercises. We get the children to come up with the exercises, usually running on the spot, press ups, star jumps and a few others they have seen their parents do!

At the end of the exercise We run on the spot again.

Stop put your hands on your heart and close your eyes. Can you feel your hear beating faster?

All have a drink of water.

We now need to rest and sleep.

Thank you for all those great ideas - I will certainly be using some of them, Jo!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)