Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Magic moment

sunnyday

One of my 'rough, tough' 4 year old boys asked me "can we do dancing today"......of course I said yes and he helped to choose some suitable music.....

He was happy for us all to form an audience to watch him dance.......I couldn't quite believe what I was seeing - he had some great moves - we duly watched and applauded and then all joined in

Truly a 'magic moment' :1b

Grandma picked up and I asked her where this had come from - she had no idea - can't wait to see mum to see if she can shed any light on this........he doesn't watch TV so I know it's not that

• Like 7

This is what I love about this forum - practitioners who get so much joy from watching children grow and develop, celebrating their progress and being amused by their little quirks. It's priceless :)

It is great.

Some of you may remember me asking for help back in the autumn with one of my little ones with various speech and language problems - at the time lots of repetition of phrases/sounds. Well yesterday he got stung by a bee and once we'd removed the sting we asked how he was and he said "It very hurting" I think it was the first time I've heard him make a spontaneous utterance which clearly wasn't a learned thing or merely repeating a phrase he's heard somewhere else. I'm very excited to tell SLT when they visit him next week! I'm slightly less enthused by him saying "It's badass!" over some things he thought were 'cool' recently but it was quite funny too!

• Like 4