Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dressing Up

Do you have current i.e Elsa/Ana dressing up dresses in your dressing up.

We have general dressing up along with some old Disney stuff i.e Snow White but can't afford to keep buying 'current' dressing up. So, today, being World Book Day one child came not dressed up as the parents forgot so I told her we could choose from our trolley. I offered her Snow White but I then had a very upset child on my hands as she wanted to be Ana (we had two today) and was inconsolable with anything I had to offer.

How do you overcome this?

Have no Disney at all ?

We have general only- old bridesmaid/posh frocks. We do have the ELC type tabards drs/firefighters etc. When parents donate clothes, the Disney stuff usually goes 'missing' quite quickly :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We also have lots of old blouses, shirts and old dance show costumes.

• Like 1

My two danced for many years and I am sure I still have some costumes in the loft that I need to dig out. I probably have a few Barbie dressing up as well but don't know if today's children will know who she is.

We have all the generic stuff as well but our 'Disney' stuff has been donated and goes down very well.

scarves, feather boas, wands, tiaras, old dance costumes, bits of fabric, kids old t-shirts are all popular with our nursery class

We don't have any really fancy dresses, we majority have lots of materials in different shapes/sizes, scarfs etc very few actual outfits but do have visi vests, few mens shirts, the children are assisted in creating their own dress up - we will cut it, use rope etc to create such outfits and it's very well used. Best thing we did getting rid of all traditional costumes obviously various ones come out when were doing certain things such as Xmas, Halloween, frozen. This week we are doing Harry potter so the sheet material has been a godsend in making capes :) And I got turned into a princess for all of five minuets then I was back to being a frog x :(

Well, one of my boys made my day. He came dressed as Princess Elsa. His mum gave him a blue cut down slip and a home made crown and he was so pleased with himself. As some of our children don't do Thursday, we are doing Book Day again tomorrow so I'm waiting to see who arrives tomorrow!

We do have Disney dresses, and the Frozen ones have caused the odd problem, but we just time them out and the girls - mainly, are getting to grips with this now, they know if we say they get to wear it when the timer goes off they are quite happy to accept.

If we didn't have the Disney dresses, I would do very much along the lines of as above. Some fabrics to drape and clip together, the most important thing about the Elsa dress is the "train", it has to be long and billowy, so an old net curtain could do that, and mostly Anna's costume is covered up with a purple cape, so again a piece of purple fabric would suffice.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)