Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Half term highs and lows.

zigzag

Just wondering how everyone's half term has been? It made me think hearing Sunnydays news about her Mum, just how quickly life can change for the better or worse. Mine started on a very low point with my husbands fishing boat sinking on its mooring one night. Thank god no one was hurt or worse, but it is still a nightmare. A high was reaching my 5% weight loss target in just five weeks, with two more pounds to lose to get my stone. Have also really enjoyed the week away from work, it has given me time to take stock and try and remember why I love my job. Have turned a corner and feel I am returning in a more positive frame of mind.(this may all change rapidly of course) So what have been your highs and lows?

• Like 1

Guest sn0wdr0p

I was very disheartened to find that my now diet and exercise regime was not working and I had only lost 4lb since 1st Feb then I re-did my measurements and I have lost 2 and a half inches off my waist!!So chuffed.

I have loved the week at home with my boys which had been possible since selling up in December howeverI have been looking at early years vacancies this week and I feel ready to return to the fray but no longer in the role of owner/manager.

Best bit of the week was finding out that the experimental drug being tested on my mother in law is showing real results and her bone density had improved by 5% in six months wonderful news for a lady who has every vertebrae broken and has been in a wheelchair since her 40s. After falling last week she has broken her leg (for the fourth time) so it was a little boost for her.

Sn0wdr0p great to hear that you are thinking about joining us again.

My highs I have moved clothes from my wardrobe to new built in one and managed to throw away and donate to charity shop! Had lovely evening in china town last night with hubby, kids & my dad.

Low have not done all the things I wanted too!

High of the month has been the completion of the re-rendering making the step towards putting the bungalow on the market and moving back to North yorkshire!

Low has been arthritic knees not letting me get on and decorate inside or run up and down the loft steps with boxes and things

A major high has been the return of the sunshine and the great drifts of snowdrops in the woods.

Edited by Cait

I have tried to have a non preschool week as I have been feeling so dispondant and worn out. Slept late most days (so unlike me) but needed to switch off I suppose. Had wanted to read Gone Girl, but didn't manage to achieve it.

I have a lot going on in my personal life (family members with challenging health problems) and finding work is becoming increasingly unbearable. Fed up with parents and trying to please them all the time... Not to mention the new mode of parents....... Lets make 'complaints and threaten them.' Actually spent all this morning looking at alternative careers!

On a high note.... snuck away and went to see 50 Shades of Grey on Monday and got all the ironing done this week. Spent some quality time with my daughter ..... nails done, shopping and lunch out. Most importantly, we had lots of giggles together!

Panicked today though and started some paperwork for next week!

Edited by MegaMum

Highs lots of lie ins and coffee dates, lows had first ever panic attack on Tuesday and it's been a week of trying to get back to feeling normal but on a positive note my youngest has shown true empathy and I'm so proud of him having that quality.

Oh then today trying to plan staff training for tomorow as I've done hardly any work! Think it will be a biscuit, coffee and wing it type training which is very unlike me! I usually do power points and everything.

Put a job advert out stating qualified, experience etc is essential within an hour one applied cv - they work at McDonald's no experience etc!!! It's going to be a long process trialling through these applications I'm hopeful though :)

Only 5 weeks though and It will be Easter break for us x