Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

In need of inspiration

Hi we are a pack away setting and I hate our dressing up box! We don't have much in way of actual clothes roughly 4 outfits rest is materials for them to create and represent themselves. Currently we have a flexi tub with it in but don't like this idea I would like a clothes stand but can not store one, I like the single hat stand but unsure yet. We have used previously the clothes stand on wheels that comes apart them tubular ones, and a towel hook on radiator cover...... So there you go that's me! How do you display yours that you feel works x

I have tried several ideas over many years and found that some work for a while but had to change according to the group of children.. a clothes horse always worked well for the cloths, material, etc that we wanted to display, they could be pegged on to draped and it was folded away easily at the end of session. ours was one of the old fashioned wooden ones that we secured in a triangle shape for stability with a Velcro strap used to secure skis together.. 'borrowed' it from my son..

we then had boxes for the hats and bags and other necessities..

for clothes I have used hangers on the clothes horse but was given one of these.. called a hangaway and we used hangers ,it could all be folded away at the end of a session.. material could also be hung on hangers around it..

didn't like the single hat stand, it toppled very easily and we had problems sorting out a way to stop it, always bcame top heavy no matter what we did,,

We have tons of dressing up clothes and they are boxed separately , we usually just get the box out and let the children help themselves and lay a couple of outfits out on floor or over chair in the area - ie chefs outfits with kitchen

At Christmas we used a clothes rail for our nativity outfits and found this was useful , the children are even trying to hang the clothes back up on hangers - good problem solving !

It slides easily into our narrow cupboard and has adjustable heights too , but floor and boxes , chairs are just as useful

Attached curtain wire (used for nets) to outside of cupboard door at suitable child height and hang outfits etc on hangers (dry cleaners plastic ones with a bar across). This has worked well and children do try and eventually learn to hang them up.Takes no space and outfits changed regularly. Have mirror attached to adjoining cupboard door.

korkycat

We hang our dressing up clothes on a rail from Argos £7.99 It can be lowered to their height so they can access it independently. We use coat hangers which the older children can- with encouragement, use to hang up their costumes when they have finished. It is lightweight and so easy to carry out to shed when, like you we have to pack away.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)