Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Light Box/Stations

apple

Hi all we are looking to purchase the Reflections on Learning Light Station as we have just had a fundraising event. However at over £650 I was wondering if there was anything else out there on the market similar in size but perhaps a tad cheaper?

Does anyone have this particular table and if so how are you finding it? Also what would you purchase in terms of science and investigations resources?

Any ideas or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Well, I have just seen a light box on the Imagination Tree website made of a plastic storage box and some Christmas tree lights.....guess what I'm doing next week!! :1b :1b

We would love a proper light table, but it's not going to happen for us, so I'm exploring other ideas.

• Like 1

I've never used a light table although I've always looked at them. We have just bought the light cube which is fab. At the moment we use it in a darken room after lunch for rest time. It's very well made and rechargeable which is great.

Do you need to get such an expensive one if money is tight.

To be honest after looking at the one your thinking of purchasing I think it's an awful lot of money for what is effectively a storage trolley with light , we have a projector and the children love using it but can think of better things to spend our money on , the mobile sensory station on spacekraft or someone to make you a light box to your specifications

we've done the imagination tree one and they loved it - got the staff thinking of other designs too

I used to have a light box as a child (top of a photocopier, not very elf and safety!) and loved it

Have you asked around for old OHP's - some offices are getting rid and are happy to give them away!

TTS - their after care and customer service is very disappointing !

Yes I agree entirely - and often over priced!

I found that their food colour, especially the yellow was really weak - they were not interested and said that they sell a lot and nobody else has complained.

Hi all thanks for your replies

Money is not too much of a problem as we have had a fundraising event but wanted advice before spending the bulk of it possibly on the light able. We have been using a couple of light boxes I made myself for a while now and we have indeed got an OHP.

I was interested in the table as it was much bigger and sturdier than what we have. Thanks for the link lashes that is a great website.

P.s. I totally agree about the yellow food colouring very weak compared to the blue, green and red which are super strong and you only need a tiny bit! I will make an effort to complain about it so that at least there is another customer who feels the same as you DevonMaid ;)

Thanks once again for you help folks for helping me 'shed some light' :D on the situation!

Yes we brought 2 bookcases from TTS after much deliberation and searching for the right thing . They get wheeled in and out each day so little heavy use but edging has come off and other one has fallen apart ! Our treasurer pursued it but to no avail so now will not use them again.