Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

First aid training

Hi myself and our staff team have been discussing our impending Paediatric first aid training to be conducted again next year. I know thinking ahead.

A staff member queried whether we should also have a fully qualified person(s) for our workforce not just the paediatric ones that we currently all take every three years.

Any thoughts please.

Hi, we are doing our first aid renewal in december with st john's ambulance and although the majority of the course is paediatric based we also cover adult cpr, recovery position - using adult sized dolls - they always say to us that we also need to be able to help each other if needed during the session so i would say a definite yes to this

• Like 1

Hi, we are doing our first aid renewal in december with st john's ambulance and although the majority of the course is paediatric based we also cover adult cpr, recovery position - using adult sized dolls - they always say to us that we also need to be able to help each other if needed during the session so i would say a definite yes to this

Definitely - I could keel over at any moment some days. Buy seriously any adult could need your help that you come into contact with at nursery/pre-school - not especially unhealthy, but we have a fair few grandparents who pick up/drop off - they might easily need help!

I think most courses do include adult CPR as standard-even if its a paediatric certificate. When we did ours last year in house, the trainer adjusted the course to our needs which was perfect - so it may be worth ringing round to find one that will do this. Obviously it covered all the statutory things but she added extra material as appropriate.

Well, the trainer we had certainly didn't suggest this to be the case and at our very recent Ofsted, our first aid certificates were checked and all seemed in order.

Yes that's my understanding of the documents I have read today too Louby loo.

Yes adult CPR is covered in PEAD.

All 10 staff that work directly with the children are all PEAD trained, and there are a minimum of 6 staff at each session.

Our Health and Safety officer completes all replenishing of first aid kits, risk assessment sheets as part of their job role.

They may have to acquire a new title ( appointed person).:)

Thank you everybody.:)

Edited by Fredbear