Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Can anyone help with an search engine issue?

I am having a problem with my search engine - Google Chrome - every time I try to do a search another search engine 'kicks in' i.e. 'Safefinder' provided by Yahoo search :angry: . No matter how frequently I click on the home button it is immediately changed to the above. Does anyone have any idea what I can do? I have tried going in to 'settings' then 'manage search engines'; I delete everything except Google Chrome, but it makes no difference! :(

Oops - title should read '... help with a search engine issue'!

Edited by Guest

All seems ok now - I uninstalled lots of 'undesirable' programs (fingers crossed I haven't uninstalled something I shouldn't have!)

Thanks again!

x

My SIL is always downloading odd toolbars by accident.. sight not being the best and she doesn't notice those small ticks when updating some of the software... I usually go to her extensions on Chrome and remove all not needed there.. surprising what gets downloaded without her realising.. always worth looking there too..

:D:D

top right on chrome is an icon looks like lines..
click that for a drop down list , this is where you can change settings ,clear cache etc.. (worth having a browse through them)

go to tools and that gives another list.. click on extensions and see if any have been added , you can disable or delete them from there..

Also you can add things .I have an add blocker that blocks adverts on sites you visit (Adblock plus), and a few others I have added.

• Like 1

click that for a drop down list , this is where you can change settings ,clear cache etc.. (worth having a browse through them)

go to tools and that gives another list.. click on extensions and see if any have been added , you can disable or delete them from there..

Also you can add things .I have an add blocker that blocks adverts on sites you visit (Adblock plus), and a few others I have added.

Thanks Inge - that's really useful to know!

Thank you :-)

• Like 1