Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mobile Farm

Guest sn0wdr0p

Guest sn0wdr0p

We have had a wonderful day in our nursery and out of school club as we had a mobile farm visit the setting. She set up pens on our playground and brought pigs (one child asked if they were guinea pigs!), a calf, sheep, ducks and duckings, chicks, rabbits and mice. It must have been one of the best activities we have ever done and a lot less stressful than visiting a farm. The children loved it and they all got plenty of opportunity to touch/hold/feed the animals. Such a lovely day. I would recommend it to everyone. All the children from ages 9 months to 11 years loved it - loads of observations and photos to add the Tapestry now.

Guest sn0wdr0p

£180 so not cheap and sadly no contribution from parents. I am in East Yorkshire and it was the Purple Pig Company who came from Pocklington near York. www.thepurplepigcompany.com Rachel the farmer was fantastic with the children. Lots of different animals and packages are available. The children have asked if she can come back next year. I couldn't get my 11 year old away - I had to leave at 3pm so he stayed without me and he is still talking about it now to Dad. He is nagging for rabbits now. I think the gecko, owls, hawks, dog and guinea pigs at home are quite enough. I have told me husband we will need to buy a smallholding if he wants anything else. Always fancied an orchard so that would be my proviso.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)