Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Letters and Sounds - Phonics

I was just wondering if anyone would mind sharing their planning for Phonics? At the moment we take an aspect and area each week so it might be Aspect 1 environmental sounds. We then plan something for each day linked to this and as far as possible to the book/ theme or whatever we are doing that week. For one reason or another it just doesn't seem to be working! So I am curious to know how else everyone manages it. The actual sessions are fine and the children love it and get a lot out of it, it's the actual documentation that seems to be sending us round in circles!! Any suggestions greatly received :-)

Hi Woodlands 1997,

I'm a FS2 teacher so I'm unsure if our planning is suitable for you. I would be happy to share the phase 1...if someone can tell me how to upload a file to here!!

Cheers

• Like 1

Hi jocrow, if you click on 'more reply options' you get a screen that has an area where you can attach a file. You browse, find it and then click on attach to post (I think it is) and there you are. Quite simple. Have a go!

We often do aspects for much longer than a week, not all our children are in everyday especially the younger zones only doing 2 sessions per week.

We would do one of your daily activities over a whole week, revisiting for some, and visiting just once or twice for others. As Suer says, some children only attend two afternoons a week, so would miss a lot if we tried to do it differently each day.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)