Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

A good start to retirement!

Cait

Well, here we go, done a spot of tidying and decided to do a washload. Got everything in the machine and the liquid and softener and went to switch it on. Nothing. Sigh. Checked I had switched the switch the right way, yes. Must be the fuse. Out into the garage to find a fuse, dismantled the plug, luckily not a sealed unit. Changed the fuse, plugged it in, still nothing. Ok, could be a duff fuse, did it again, still nothing. I go and stroke the machine gently, mourning its demise, when I notice that somebody has switched off the button on the front, that I never do - I switch it off at the wall. Somebody being a bit helpful, sigh. So, I switch it on, and off it goes on it's merry way.

I hope this isn't going to be a foretaste of things to come!

• Like 3

Oh cait.. with a hubby who recently retired around the house lots of little things 'to help' suddenly began to happen .. and that caused me to have to spend time working out where to find things or like you trouble shoot a problem that is the result of said help.

As we are not moving it helped as I now have a very neat and sorted garden, conservatory all spring cleaned redecorated and sorted, next is the porch on his never ending list I have suddenly found of jobs that really need doing..

I do miss shopping on my own.. have to arrange for something to stop him wanting to come all the time..

He has decided that when you retire you switch bosses... from the one who hired you to the one who married you :D

• Like 1