Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

registers

Until this year we have always used a generic register book....but our numbers are now too high to fit in most and it was getting a bit confusing.

i currently have children who attend am/pm or full day and a drop in lunch club that runs for anyone so can add another half an hour on each session/ I am struggling to come up with a formula that is both easy to fill in and easy to read.

Can any of you help? i think i'm going cross eyed !!!

we used to just put a time of arrival and a time they left... this would allow us to cover all the comings and goings during the day. We had the same sort of daily comings and goings you have.

I had a separate list to show who was booked for what each day in an excel spreadsheet. , hard to describe as I no longer have it but it had timings of each slot along the top for a week so in our case it was 4 , am, lunch 1, lunch2, pm per day.. and we would have this as a side reference.

I use software now, but when I used to make my own, I did columns headed name, hours booked, arrive, leave, breakfast, lunch, tea. The meal columns were just a tick to show who was having what. So if Percy came from 9 - 3 with lunch on a Monday and 9 - 12 on a Wednesday, that is what would show on the register for those days.

• Like 1

we make our own registers - one for am one for lunch and one for pm - the children are ticked in or time put in if not start of session for the morning - if they are staying for lunch they are on the lunch club register - for the afternoon those who stay for lunch are ticked in just before the other children come in for the afternoon session - any children that leave before the end of the session are signed out by the parent on our leaving early sheet and number adjusted accordingly - hope that makes sense.

i know that makes three registers a day but found this the easiest way - we cater for 28 children each day - but by making our own registers we can add /delete children by hand at the bottom of the page x

• Like 1

should have read 28 per session - it also makes it cheaper as we have over 110 children on register so each days registers are just for that day as children do different sessions, days - sometimes mornings, sometimes all day, sometimes afternoons or maybe not attending that day - they are clear and hold details such as name, dob, and then seven attendance columns then a space on far right where any notes re allergies etc are added - this childs name is then hi-lighted to bring attention to these. x