Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

No postal address at playgroup

We run and pay rent for our playgroup at a Scout Hut. We do not have a postal address there as the Scouts refuse to let us put up a post box on the gate, (there is no access to front door as gated garden in front of access). I am sure we must be losing mail but I do not want my personal address on any parent based correspondence. All our application forms forms for potential parents ask that they hand deliver the form.

Is anyone in a similar position? Do you use a PO Box no?

We also run from a scout hut and were not allowed a post box. As we are in school grounds, any post delivered after we close is left with the school and they give us a call if anything is held. How do you gain access? My advise is to get on good terms with your local postie.

Same here. Parents can either hand deliver or 'scan' and email forms back. We are now trying to send out all application form via email whenever possible now though.

We are quite lucky that we are a small village type setting and everyone knows everyone - so quite often they come back via- a friend of a friend type postal service!

(what is it about scouts and the complete lack of post boxes I wonder?? :blink:)

We're in a village hall with no post box- although sometimes flyers etc are shoved under the door! Luckily (or not) I live in the same village so the postman knows to deliver anything addressed to pre school to me. I don't mind parents knowing where I live - it's a community pre school after all. We usually have one or two children who live just round the corner from me.