Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

admissions

most SEND children not diagnosed until they've been to pre-school (even if they have a genetic condition!)

LAC children are usually funded two's so get higher priority on my lists (up to 8 per session only max though)

Fair point - It's just always been in the school criteria.

so therefore you have no criteria apart from age....what happens if a sibling cant get in or a child who lives next door to the pre-school? And does it matter when they have put their name down (at birth or the week before starting???)

We tend to be full by September or at the least January...absolutely no chance of a space by easter! Also all of mine have to do at least 3 sessions.

1- Funded 3 and 4 year olds already attending who are not claiming their full 15 hours funding (school year).

2- Funded 3 and 4 year olds already attending who are not claiming their full 15 hours funding (next school year)

3- Un-funded 3 year olds already attending who wish to increase hours.

4- 3 and 4 year olds in our catchment area with siblings already attending.

5- 3 and 4 years olds in catchment with no siblings attending.

6- Funded 2yr olds in our catchment area (ratio’s permitting)

7- 3 and 4 year olds out of our catchment area (expected to attend the ********* Primary School*)

8- Un-funded 2yr olds in our catchment area (ratio’s permitting)

9- 3 and 4 year olds out of our catchment area (not expected to attend ******* Primary School)

10- Un-funded 2 yr olds out of our school catchment area (ratio’s permitting)

I know it seems a lot of points but it's 9 & 10 I really need to curb...and I've probably missed a group somewhere, but it's not signed off yet ;-p

I've also put in that they have to do at least 6 hours on different days, so losing the 1 whole dayers, can you think of any other scenarios I should include :-/ .....and when someone phones for a place I'll have to say "I don't know I'll phone back in a fortnight when I've worked it out" lol and of course I won;t know if they're lying when they say they are out of catchment but intend child to go to our school oohhhhh

Edited by Mouseketeer
  • Like 1

Like others on here - we dream of a waiting list that requires that much organising! Most groups who offer sessional rather than full day care around us have spaces at the moment. I have just read our policy:

'We arrange our waiting list in birth order. In addition, our policy may take into account:

- the age of the child, with priority given to children who are eligible for the free entitlement – including eligible two year old children;

- the length of time on the waiting list;

- the vicinity of the home to the setting;

- whether any siblings already attend the setting;

- the capacity of the setting to meet the individual needs of the child.'

To be honest, we have never had to implement any of the clauses in the time I have been here. We do not have many parents that need childcare to work so most are flexible so we manage to fit them all in. We do not have a minimum number of sessions, although we encourage a minimum of two. Many of our children are shared with childminders. Time for review!

• Like 1

We don't struggle with our waiting list often these days due to being only 3 hours but in the days when I did my advisor told me to put something along the lines of when a place becomes available we look at all those who are eligble to start, those who meet most of our criteria will be offered a place once I did this it sorted out some of the ones who we didn't really want due to not being in 'catchment'

Edited by thumperrabbit
  • Like 1