Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mice

Quick question we have little friends back in the hall. Now we have in the past had them and taken all the right precautions but I did let Ofsted know. They didn't seem to bothered to be fair. We now have them back. Do we actually have to let Ofsted know? or can we just complete risk assessment write down all the measures taken and keep it on file? just thinking as a country pre-school I could be permanently notifying them seems quite excessive

Edited by Johanna1

Hi - not sure if this is the 'right' answer - but no I wouldn't bother to notify Ofsted.......we had them a couple of years ago - shhhh - didn't tell anyone just dealt with the horrid things.......

We have now got one of those 'sonic thingies' - not sure if that's what has kept them away or just a coincidence....... :blink: :1b

• Like 1

we never told them.. never even thought about it ...

we had rats too.. :o one ran over a parents foot while she was waiting outside to come in ... turned out they were in the school field hedges..

Once we had a sonic plug thingy we never had them again... and it seemed to keep the ants at bay too.. we were constantly battling them before we had it..

• Like 3

we had rats too.. :o one ran over a parents foot while she was waiting outside to come in ... turned out they were in the school field hedges..

Gosh if that happened to me not sure you'd ever see me at your setting again!

I'm a bit of a 'wuss' when it comes to things like that :D

• Like 3

Guest lillybeth

We used to be in a village hall, the once when parents were arriving I looked in through the kitchen hatch and saw a mouse running around, I must of looked completely mad as I did my best to block their view!! the parents not the mouse but it stressed me out so much we closed for a few days until we had got rid of them xx

We also had them constantly as we were in the middle of a park with the doors wide open all day, so no surprise there. We have the rentokil people dealing with the problem and have a log in the nursery form every visit and then just ensure that we clean up food from the floor immediately and sterelise all surfaces before food goes on etc. never got rid of the things though they just keep coming back.