Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funding and part weeks..help!

Hi

The last day of term is a wed. So if a child normally has 12 hrs (not used anywhere else but a choice) funding per week does that mean for that week they are only entitled to 7.2 hours ie pro-rata?

They normally come to us tues, wed, thurs for 4 hrs each so that would mean for that week I would have to charge them for 0.8 of an hour???

Not sure this is right...still trying to get my head around this funding!

Trying to get to grips with my own spreadsheet. Have worked out that there are 7.4 weeks worth of funding for this half term (taking off an inset day and adding on the 3 extra days) but then when I use this to calculate the NEF it doesnt like it due to the fact that some parents do not use their funding the same every day..anyone give me a clue how to sort out?

Thanks!

Perhaps I being stupid (probably am) but surely your LA will give you 8 hours funding for that week? We have to put down on funding forms how many hours each child does- so I have always assumed that they are funded for that many hours per week. But done on a termly basis, so if they attend for 12 hours per week then we get 12/13 weeks x 12 hours?

Actually I have confused myself now!! I cant remember if we have to state how many hours they do each day or over the week.

Sorry of no help to you at all- for what it is worth I personally wouldnt charge them.

we tell our LA the hours we're claiming each week and leave it to them to sort out. Our treasurer only works out the amount payable by the non funded. No point giving yourself a headache :)

funding is not done pro rata but for hours attended.. we had parents declare the set hours they claim as funded each week, additional ones they paid for..

so it will depend on the hours your LEA is paying for the term.. they will do all the working out for any part weeks.. if there are any.. ours were always for full weeks only - but terms ended up muddled over the financial year being 1st april, and term times.. it really is not simple ..

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)