Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pack away setting - moving/stacking tables

Dear all, we're temporarily moving to a pack away setting in September. Do any other pack away settings have to move tables and stack them out of the way before using the space? We have a room that 10 tables could be moved into but we are concerned about the staff having to move then also, whether they can be stacked - this room will not then be used for the week. Tanles will then need to be brought out for use by another group at the week end.

Thanks

yes it iz usual to put tables and chairs away everyday for most.. was for us and they had to go into the cupboard, not stacked in the hall...

we had gopack round ones.. because the legs collapsed down and we could roll them into place.. no lifting involved..

just re read your post... tables already in the hall were stacked by the other hall users after use... we did not have to clesar the hall of tables before use.. they were folding ones too.. so was easy to do..

Edited by Inge

In all the pack away settings I have worked in, the rooms rented have always been clear of tables and chairs. These were either stacked on the stage, in cupboards or to the side of the space. I wouldn't expect to have to clear the room so that I could use it!

• Like 1

Unfortunately the hall users are elderly and are doing us a really big favour. Staff are not happy about shifting tables and stacking them, they are pine! We would however only need to do this on a Monday morning and a Friday. If we don't we will have nowhere to go! Do you think this is unreasonable? We have thought about paying someone to do the job for us? It's only temporary until we move to new premises in 6-9 months.

I'll ditto Narnias comment. Just make sure you've advised about heavy lifting and checked if they can be carried by one person or need more. I've stacked 15 chairs this morning, I see it as part of using a shared space, even if we shouldn't have to do it!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, we have a bit of a bad apple in the mix at the mo and I'm currently on maternity (hence the bad spelling in previous email) not going back until September. I think they (she) is just trying to find fault and issues with everything at the moment - some people are hard work! I will read out your comment though at our next meeting, thank you.

we are not pack away but because the hall is ours we need to use it for all sorts of things...it is not uncommon for my staff to have to clear lots of things away at the end of the week if we have parties in or yoga classes etc....they know added money all goes in to the pot to pay their wages! no business no pay! :blink: :ph34r:

• Like 2