Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

First day back blues!

thumperrabbit

I was actually raring to go back - not had the successful to-do list that Sunnyday had but enough for the 1st week to go smoothly (or so I thought!)

Woke up with the Ofsted cloud hanging - as it does every single day

Had a member of staff text in sick - gggreat! :(

Got set up more or less on time and then ....... 'they' arrived, no not Ofsted, the CHILDREN

obviously far too much chocolate has been consumed over the 2 week holiday, they were wild :P

Once I got home I couldn't be bothered with lunch I had to have a snooze

oh well tomorrows another day - onwards and upwards :D

Ours were also very noisy and made a huge mess! Seems they have forgot we don't go around tipping things over the floor!

It wasn't helped by it being my deputy's birthday, so singing happy birthday and having chocolate cake!

Hopefully tomorrow will be a bit calmer :1b

• Like 2

Ours were also very noisy and made a huge mess! Seems they have forgot we don't go around tipping things over the floor!

It wasn't helped by it being my deputy's birthday, so singing happy birthday and having chocolate cake!

Hopefully tomorrow will be a bit calmer :1b

At tidy up time I said to ours, now who's been doing the tidying up while you were on holiday? Mostly said "mummy", so I said, well, now it's back to pre-school - and you have to help us tidy up and they do accept it very well - do wish mums would put a bit more time aside for the children to help them and expect them to help.

• Like 3

I was actually raring to go back - not had the successful to-do list that Sunnyday had but enough for the 1st week to go smoothly (or so I thought!)

xD Well I thought that I had done brilliantly - but still seem to be spending loads of time on paperwork

• Like 1

Always Tuesdays & Thursdays for us, think it's the mix of children!

Sunnyday - I feel that I need to be constantly doing paperwork at the moment - especially as it seems Ofsted seem to be introducing new procedures at the rate of great knots; wonder if they have had an influx of new staff or something as we seem to be all being led down a very dark garden path at the moment!

• Like 1

Wasn't our first day - we went back last Tuesday - however......

All incredibly noisy and over-excited this morning - thought it was my fault for introducing a new resource.......but maybe there was something in the air then :blink: :D

What was the new resource that brought such chaos?!

What was the new resource that brought such chaos?!

It was a game that belonged to my grandson when he was 'little' - he's 15 now so I figured he wouldn't mind if pre-school had it! xD

Game involves throwing (hurling) - soft frogs at a mini-trampoline - aiming to get them to bounce off land on numbered lily pads - lots of fun but all a bit 'mad' :ph34r:

It was a game that belonged to my grandson when he was 'little' - he's 15 now so I figured he wouldn't mind if pre-school had it! xD

Game involves throwing (hurling) - soft frogs at a mini-trampoline - aiming to get them to bounce off land on numbered lily pads - lots of fun but all a bit 'mad' :ph34r:

Fab!

Doesn't sound as noisy as Panders suggestions though :D

• Like 1

Whoops crossed posts. Sounds like something to wake them up! Don't suppose we can still buy it?

I don't know it's not in it's original box :blink: so not even sure what it's called - if they continue to hurl the frogs and themselves around the room I will send you mine! xD

• Like 2

Well done Fm - exactly like that! :1b

At that price it certainly is a collectable - better keep a eye on it Sunnyday - Grandson may want it back!

As Brucie might say, though, good game, good game

Edited by Panders
  • Like 1

Guest sn0wdr0p

It was a lovely day at my setting today as I took our new Giant African Land Snail in and the children were absolutely fascinated by it and spent much of the day continually returning to see how much it had moved. I'm surprised it can move after the amount of food they have fed it. Lots of discussion about a name for it as well.

Guest sn0wdr0p

Just realised I have my rose tinted spectacles on. Had to do a safeguarding referral which took up a few hours of sorting.

Also our baby room opened recently and I was phoned by a parent this morning who took her baby to A & E last night when they diagnosed German Measles (first case I have ever come across but I realise it is making a comeback). This call was five minutes before a parent was coming in to take their 5 month old to the doctors as he was unwell and ten minutes after we called a parent of an 11 month old to come and collect him as he was unwell. Not a good start really. Hope it isn't too contagious. I have a staff member who I know is trying for a baby (gossip does spread) and I had to be blunt and ask her if she was pregnant fortunately she is not so one less thing to worry about.

Feeling a bit guilty about fees as baby with German Measles will be off for three weeks. Do you all charge full fee when it is for such a long time?

Edited by sn0wdr0p

It's hard I know but it is business at the end of the day and not your fault that baby off. However,, that being said, I try to offer other days when child better if I have capacity and they are not already full time. Your policy will say pay even if off sick so you must be seen to stick to it stick to it.

Guest sn0wdr0p

I know. I know(Big sigh) .My husband keeps telling me to become a businesswoman (but it's not easy in the childcare business) and that I am too soft.

In exceptional circumstances we will give a reduction or refund with fees but generally don't. If we can we offer extra days when they are well, but generally this isn't possible as we are full! We also give a refund if someone else has their space whilst they are odd as an extra x