Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

EYFS Resources Website

What would a REALLY GOOD foundation stage website look like? A colleague is thinking of leaving the teaching profession and would like to set up her own resources website - so I am doing some research!

All comments would be greatly appreciated!

It would need to be up to date, relevant, and have really helpful search facility!

However, fsf does all that for me ......

Thanks for your reply, Cait. My colleague has no intention of creating a website in competition to the fsf - it would be more like an alternative to sparklebox!

Thanks for your reply, Cait. My colleague has no intention of creating a website in competition to the fsf - it would be more like an alternative to sparklebox!

Ah right. I see what you mean now. So like Teachers Pet?

Hmm, would be useful would be a resource place where all the different county EYFS documents could be accessed and compared. At the moment we all seem to have either invented our own or are still trawling about trying to find one that suits us. Some counties do lots of different things, some don't seem to have anything. Our safeguarding training stuff is good for the first intro, and I'm sure other counties and sites must have free online training for various things that could be accessed by everyone if we knew it was there.

• Like 3

I think resources that you can edit would be good. I often end up making my own signs with the children because they want to name the 'ice cream shop' woody's or something like that. So it would be good to be able to add to a template to personalise it.

• Like 3

I think resources that you can edit would be good. I often end up making my own signs with the children because they want to name the 'ice cream shop' woody's or something like that. So it would be good to be able to add to a template to personalise it.

Yes - I couldn't agree more!

Thank you for your replies everyone.

Hi Devonmaid.

The best way to do her research is to see what is out there already, what it looks like, how she feels about what she is seeing, and then what gaps are there? Or what could be done better? What doesn't quite do what she is visualising. There are so many resource sites out there, she would have to think about what she can add that is better or different?

Personally when I was still teaching, I used communication4all, if they are still going.

Good luck helping her with her venture.

Thanks for your wise words, Mundia! She was interested to know what others felt from an EY perspective - although EY trained, she is a Y3 teacher. I guess we all look for different things, but her ideas so far, is quite exciting!