Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pupil testing age 4

Panders

Anyone see this gem in the Daily Mail today? Four year olds will be tested as soon as they start primary school under sweeping government reforms of exams and league tables unveiled yesterday.

From 2015 up to 600,000 will be given a baseline assessment in counting and letter and picture recognition within weeks of starting in reception class. The new tests for four year olds are being introduced to measure how well primary schools help their pupils progress until they leave at age 11.

How long before this little initiative goes global I wonder? Will they really wait that long for the results?

It makes me so sad that the formal mechanics of education start so young. What about the nurturing, self esteem and care, that should happen in Early Years and is so important, does that somehow get lost by more data and assessments.

Our children are being used like clinical trials, lets give this a go, that a go, my heart bleeds. Stop meddling and leave us alone.

Sorry my little rants over.:(