Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outside ideas

We are a pack away pre school in a church hall. Our inside space is huge which is great but the outside space does not match up.
We have a concrete area and a small area of grass. We also don't have much storage space so even though I know what I'd love our outside area to look like I have to be realistic!

I've got a bee in my bonnet about it though and I'd love some fab ideas if any of you could send some my way!?

Can you do whatever you want to the area or are there constraints? That makes a huge difference.

I'm going to presume you can do what you want...

Waterwall - its been on my list for months, just need hubby to have time to do it.

Mud garden - this will very likely be near the water wall, but as we dont 'own' our outdoor area, I'm struggling to find the right spot.

Garden planters - potatoes if nothing else, simple and will grow in a bucket.

A big pot with a Laviteria in it, attracts butterflies

A climbing net - attached to a sturdy wall

Herbs - scent and texture

Mirrors - you can use old DVDs and CDs

Logs and sticks - for insects and children

Bird feeders

A couple of plastic boxes with lids to store or if you can manage one of the storage bins from B&Q/Homebase £100 approx, two doors at the front a sloping lid.

:1b

A weaving wall. Wire fencing with ribbons and string.

A sand pit

Stones, we have a photo of my brother sitting in a box of stones, mom said he sat all day dropping stones over the side one at a time.

Chalk board

:)

Hi all

We are a pack away setting too and our outside area is a long concrete and uneven back yard. We are restricted to what we can get out however we make the most of this area by putting large mats down with huge teddies and other soft toys together with books to make it into a cosy corner. Sand and water is always available at the other end of the yard. we also have lots of milk crates which the children use to construct roads or climbing steps. We alternate these with bikes, scooters , hoops and pop up tents on other days. Basically mix and match. Everything can be packed away in the storage cupboard at the end of the day.

Hope this is not too confusing!!

Wish you all a "relaxing" half term.

Would tyres,planks and crates work in this area? We have a good selection of all three and they are so adaptable. The children change the usage on a daily basis.

Drain pipes and plastic tubing or old hosepipes, a water butt to collect rain water, watering cans etc, also a mark making box with paintbrushes (for painting with water on the concrete) and playground chalks. Also pots and pans for music making or for use in the mud kitchen :-) my children also love small world toys on the grass (I.e. animals, minibeasts or diggers) using small logs, rocks and branches they can make their own little world. Also a washing line or clothes airers with blankets for den building. A picnic basket with plastic food- for a teddy bears picnic.

A weaving wall. Wire fencing with ribbons and string.

A sand pit

Stones, we have a photo of my brother sitting in a box of stones, mom said he sat all day dropping stones over the side one at a time.

Chalk board

:)

Love the idea of a weaving wall. That's definitely something we could do in the outside area.

Thank you. Fabulous ideas from this forum as always :)

Edited by ShellBell

Abc does also does a fab mud kitchen , ideas for outdoors on there if that helps , we have yard and garden and all of the ideas posted above we do , obtain guttering and tyres free , garages will let you have them only if you can prove what you want to with them ,

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)