Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Supervision handover

As you know, I'm retiring at the end of this academic year. Whilst typing up my supervision notes from the latest round I find myself wondering what should happen to all my file copies of these after July. I don't feel that some of the contents should be shared with the new manager (current deputy). As a lot of the contents were divulged in total confidence. Some things are very personal and there is no 'need to know' at all. Should I shred them or hand them back to staff? What does everyone else do?

Maybe you could leave the new manager a summary for each member of staff of anything that needs to be taken forward; training needs, targets set, peer mentoring, anything individuals are to take a lead on that type of thing?

Edit to add, and then shred it all!!

Edited by Pimms o'clock?
  • Like 4

I had a new manager last year, so the old manager only passed on the notes from her last supervision with me. She shredded all previous notes. That way we both knew that anything we agreed to put on the notes would be passed over - and it gave the new manager a starting point. The last appraisal notes were also handed over of course.