Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cloud/Dropbox Policy

aeriscetra

Does anyone use Dropbox or Cloud services for writing up work on their home computers? If so, do you have a policy in place or a disclaimer protecting the information? I am looking to have our templates on dropbox so staff can download them print or type up their work and then save back to dropbox, unfortunately there is a window which allows for misuse so a policy/disclaimer will be required. Has anyone done this or could give some advice.

Thanks

Well I use Dropbox all the time for all my preschool work. Anything I do at home I save to Dropbox so I can access it at work the next day/when needed and visa versa. I started doing this after first getting fed up keeping lugging a laptop back and forth every day and then tried saving everything to a usb stick but had to remember to save it to the stick and then losing the stick just about finished me off!!

Anyway to answer your query- no I dont have any policy or disclaimer on using it- no one else but me has access to it. What is the window that allows for misuse? Apart from the obvious?

I too am using Dropbox, but I realised recently that if somebody steals the preschool computer and gets around the main password they can access everything that's in Dropbox. Is there a way of password protecting Dropbox on the computer? Nothing is stored on the computer, it all used to travel home on the portable hard drive with me, but now I'm doing a handover of things I have stored files on Dropbox so that staff can have a fiddle with them and familiarise themselves with everything.

Cait, my thinking is that if someone broke into the preschool they could steal/break open the filing cabinet and access some extremely sensitive information so I cant see any difference between the two. We can only take a certain amount of precautions before they start to become impossible and as long as these are done to the best of our ability- then I cant see there should be any issues.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest youngrisers

good e-safety policy in place with information to parents about what is online we do not post photographs on website or any other social media and our documents are on preschool lap top which is secure and checked via the management any photographs not used are deleted and any information disregarded after a certain time period which protects staff same with mobile phones too not allowed near the children for any information to be passed on. instant disciplinary or worse.....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)