Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ideas for planning from Stories

Hello Guys

I have an interview at a setting and I'm really stuck for ideas. I have to read aStory and then plan from that for the indoors and outdoors. I was thinking about 3 little pigs, where the children can design their own pigs As puppets. But I'm stuck on planning for other areas. I think I will read the story outdoors, (weather permitting) as that will cover planning for the outdoors, but I don't know what else to do. The age of the children are 2-4 years olds..

Please help, the interview is next Tuesday :)

Thanks in advance

Edited by Guest

We are going to start planning from books (along with individual needs :1b :1b ) after the half term.

We have looked at 'what the ladybird heard' as it's got a wide range of activities that you can take from it - when we all [staff] looked at it together there was so much inspiration for starting/introducing experiences.

How long is the interview? I would say keep it simple, and be prepared to adapt activities - making puppets maybe a little ambitious if you do not know the children's abilities - and you are a new person to them so they may not want to join in -if this happens DO NOT take it personally :1b , just be prepared to quickly adapt and change direction and revert to plan B xD

Play dough is always a 'safe activity' - there is no 'end product' so children will always [mostly!] come and join and chat away whilst playing. Lots of skills used, and it can easily cover all seven areas of learning.

We have a series of articles on using stories as a starting point for activities, eg Owl Babies, The Fish who could wish, The Gruffalo, Harry and the Bucketful of Dinosaurs, etc. You can find them here. They might help :1b

I've not heard of 'Lucy's story' before, and at the prices being charged for it on Amazon and ebay, we won't be getting it!

Lucy's Picture - oh my I have just had a look on Amazon - that can't be right - I'll sell ours if it is! :ph34r:xD

Could try a library???

3 little pigs , making dens ( outdoors) 3 pigs houses , blocks big and small , number 3 , puppets retelling story , feelings afraid , happy how the pigs felt. what makes us sad, happy, scared

number 3 , collage making house from straw , collecting twigs from outside for stick house and cutting shapes for brick house , sponge painting , it depends ,

what's the time mr wolf ? to play outside

do they want you to plan for the interview or how you would use to influence future planning ?

3 little pigs , making dens ( outdoors) 3 pigs houses , blocks big and small , number 3 , puppets retelling story , feelings afraid , happy how the pigs felt. what makes us sad, happy, scared

number 3 , collage making house from straw , collecting twigs from outside for stick house and cutting shapes for brick house , sponge painting , it depends ,

what's the time mr wolf ? to play outside

do they want you to plan for the interview or how you would use to influence future planning ?

great ideas here. You could also add huffing and puffing outside to see their breath (I'm sure it'll be cold enough!)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)